- Browser Support
- Accessibility Standards
- Accessibility information and tools
- Assistance using this site
The CHOGM 2011 website has been developed to display on all commonly used browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari with screen resolutions of 1024 x 768 or higher.
However the CHOGM 2011 website does not support Internet Explorer 6 (IE6), users viewing this website with IE6 may have difficulty accessing some of the usability functions and online features of this website such as dynamic navigation components. If you would like to view this website in the intended format of delivery it is recommended to update to the latest version of the Internet Explorer browser freely available from the Microsoft website.
Australian Government departments and agencies are required by the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 to ensure that online information and services are accessible by people with disabilities.
For further information refer to the World Wide Web Access: Disability Discrimination Act Advisory Notes on the HREOC website.
The CHOGM 2011 website seeks to comply with these standards and meet the Government Online standards that relate to access for people with disabilities. This site has been reviewed for compliance with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. The site conforms fully to Level A, the majority of AA and a large number of AAA level requirements.
If you encounter any problems while using of this website or find that content is inaccessible, please tell us by contacting the Web Administrator through the Site Feedback service or by writing to:
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
PO Box 6500
CANBERRA ACT 2600
Accessibility features and tools on this website include:
- resizable text which can be altered either through the browser settings or by stylesheet commands
- tab navigation to links and content
- jump links to allow you to skip repetitive content
- a print style sheet allows printing of page content only.
Making the text bigger
- Using the onscreen option at the top-right of every page of this site.
- Using Internet Explorer, go to the menu item View > Text Size, then select the size you want.
- Using Netscape, go to the menu item View > Text Zoom, then select the size you want.
Changing the site colours and contrasts
To change the colour of the text and background your browser displays you need to find the 'Colors' option dialogue box.
- Using Internet Explorer, go to the menu item Tools > Internet Options > Colors, then uncheck Use windows colors and select the colours you prefer.
- Using Netscape, go to the menu item Edit > Preferences > Colors then select Use my chosen colors.
As far as practical, images have not been used to represent text on this website. The number of images on pages has been kept to a minimum, and those used have been optimised to shorten the loading time of each page.
Alternative text tags (Alt text) have also been used for all images on this site to convey information represented by the image and the credit and source information for the specific image.
This site uses audio and video files in various formats. Whenever possible a full text transcript (HTML) of the content of these files is also provided as a link with the audio/video file.
If you require assistance with any media files available on this site, then please contact the Web Administrator through the Site Feedback section of the website.